Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2016/05/16 13:58:42 UTC

[Discuss] [VOTE] Retire Maven Ant Tasks

Where is the doc for Maven for Maven? I didn’t see anything on the maven plugins page or via a Google search.

Ralph

Re: [Discuss] [VOTE] Retire Maven Ant Tasks

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thanks. That is perfect.

Ralph

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2016-05-16 um 15:58 schrieb Ralph Goers:
> Where is the doc for Maven for Maven? I didn’t see anything on the maven plugins page or via a Google search.

There is

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 5/16/16 4:31 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/16/16 3:58 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Where is the doc for Maven for Maven? I didn\u2019t see anything on the
>> maven plugins page or via a Google search.
>
> Sorry but i don't understand your question?

Ah it was about bootstrapping...got it...

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
I haven’t used the Ant Tasks to build or release Maven in years. I think building the current Maven should always build with the previous release and that’s how I’ve worked for the last few years.

> On May 16, 2016, at 10:31 AM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 5/16/16 3:58 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Where is the doc for Maven for Maven? I didn’t see anything on the maven plugins page or via a Google search.
>
> Sorry but i don't understand your question?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>>> On May 15, 2016, at 4:24 PM, Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> this component hasn't been touched for years effectively and we rely now on Maven for Maven (dog food). Additionally, Ant build support has already been removed from Maven. This relic shouldn't be used with Maven 3 anymore. The last release was 2011-04-13.
>>>
>>> I therefore propose that we retire the Maven Ant Tasks.
>>>
>>> If this vote is successful I *won't* make one final release of the plugin, but make it clear on the component site that it has been retired. After that the source code will be moved into the "retired" area in Subversion. I will also remove it from the lefthand side navigation in your site.xml.
>>>
>>> The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
>>> https://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html
>>>
>>> The vote is open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
>>> [ ] -1 No, because...

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

Re: [Discuss] [VOTE] Retire Maven Ant Tasks

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,