Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Matt Huth <mc...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/13 23:30:33 UTC

Cannot upload files in Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1

I'm trying to upload files. I get an error message "Upload failed for <my file> "

I checked my log and this is the error message:
INFO 2012-01-13 09:51:47,111 Dispatcher:getSaveDir - Unable to find 'struts.multipart.saveDir' property setting. Defaulting to javax.servlet.context.tempdir

Note, I'm able to create sub folders but cannot upload into them either. If I manually FTP a file onto the server, I see it show up in the list in Roller. Just cannot use browse/upload to work.

Please advise. Thanks.

Matthew C. Huth
Information Technology
Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley
Phone: 414-382-0517
E-mail: mchuth@ra.rockwell.com

Re: Cannot upload files in Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1

Posted by Matt Huth <mc...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dave, here is information you requested.  Thanks.
	* What version of Roller are you using?   Apache Roller 4.0.1
	* What Application Server version are you using?    Tomcat 6.0.18
	* What database are you using?  Oracle  (10g I think)
	* What Java version are you using?   Java 6
	* What operating system are you using?  Solaris 10
	* If applicable, what browser are you using?  Internet Explorer 8

________________________________
I'm trying to upload files. I get an error message "Upload failed for <my file> "

>I checked my log and this is the error message:
>INFO 2012-01-13 09:51:47,111 Dispatcher:getSaveDir - Unable to find 'struts.multipart.saveDir' property setting. Defaulting to javax.servlet.context.tempdir
>
>Note, I'm able to create sub folders but cannot upload into them either. If I manually FTP a file onto the server, I see it show up in the list in Roller. Just cannot use browse/upload to work.
>
>Please advise. Thanks.

For messages on either list, if you are seeking help in troubleshooting a problem that you are experiencing, please be sure to include the following information (with version numbers) when possible:
	* What version of Roller are you using? If you are building from sources, on which branch are you building?
	* What Application Server version are you using?
	* What database are you using?
	* What Java version are you using?
	* What operating system are you using?
	* If applicable, what browser are you using?
Thanks,
Dave

Re: Cannot upload files in Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Matt Huth <mc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to upload files. I get an error message "Upload failed for <my
> file> "
>
> I checked my log and this is the error message:
> INFO 2012-01-13 09:51:47,111 Dispatcher:getSaveDir - Unable to find
> 'struts.multipart.saveDir' property setting. Defaulting to
> javax.servlet.context.tempdir
>
> Note, I'm able to create sub folders but cannot upload into them either.
> If I manually FTP a file onto the server, I see it show up in the list in
> Roller. Just cannot use browse/upload to work.
>
> Please advise. Thanks.
>
> For messages on either list, if you are seeking help in troubleshooting a
problem that you are experiencing, please be sure to include the following
information (with version numbers) when possible:

   - What version of Roller are you using? If you are building from
   sources, on which branch are you building?
   - What Application Server version are you using?
   - What database are you using?