Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by spamsucks <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2006/11/21 21:17:42 UTC

Federated search (lucene custom and nutch)?

Hi Everybody,

I am successfully using lucene to index/display results for a hugely
successful tourism site...  We even for nearby's of attractions of different
categories.  Love it.

The next step is to start indexing all the "legacy" content, which numbers
around 3000 or so JSP's that will never be migrated to a database.  While I
know I could use nutch to crawl my site, I don't want 2 different search
engines for this site (custom lucene and nutch) , I need to present a single
search interface and single set of results to the user.

Has anyone tried to inject the crawling of nutch or reuse pieces of nutch to
augment the index of lucene?
Thanks.