Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au> on 2006/01/04 14:34:34 UTC

Markers and relative font-sizes

It appears that while the rebinding and evaluation of properties for the
children of markers is generally working the feature is broken for the
font-size property. This is most likely because font-size is receiving
some special treatment in the property system. I have added a test case
to demonstrate the problem.

Manuel

Re: Markers and relative font-sizes

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jan 4, 2006, at 14:34, Manuel Mall wrote:

> It appears that while the rebinding and evaluation of properties
> for the
> children of markers is generally working the feature is broken for the
> font-size property. This is most likely because font-size is receiving
> some special treatment in the property system. I have added a test
> case
> to demonstrate the problem.

Yep, nasty one! As a clarification: 'some special treatment' means
'font-size is the very first attribute that is converted into a
Property'

Following the trail:
PropertyList.addAttributesToList()
-> PropertyList.convertAttributeToProperty()
-> PropertyMaker.make()

IOW, the relative 'em' is converted into an absolute 'mpt', and the
conversion is unconditionally based on FObj.findNearestAncestorFObj
(). Further on, the property is only stored as a Length (in
CommonFont), whose getValue() always returns the converted value in
'mpt'.

As to how to solve this... I'll need to investigate a bit further.

Maybe anyone else immediately sees it...?

Cheers,

Andreas