Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 14:31:17 UTC

Re: svn commit: r561199 - /maven/doxia/doxia-sitetools/trunk/pom.xml

Hi Jason,

I got now this following exception in doxia-site-renderer project.

Cheers,

Vincent

testRender(org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRendererTest)
 Time elapsed: 0.171 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.ComponentDescriptor.setSource(Ljava/lang/String;)V
	at org.codehaus.plexus.component.discovery.DefaultComponentDiscoverer.createComponentDescriptors(DefaultComponentDiscoverer.java:68)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.component.discovery.AbstractComponentDiscoverer.findComponents(AbstractComponentDiscoverer.java:107)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.ComponentDiscoveryPhase.discoverComponents(ComponentDiscoveryPhase.java:83)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.ComponentDiscoveryPhase.execute(ComponentDiscoveryPhase.java:45)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initializePhases(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:900)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initialize(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:844)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.construct(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:820)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:204)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusTestCase.setUp(PlexusTestCase.java:94)
	at org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRendererTest.setUp(DefaultSiteRendererTest.java:66)

2007/7/30, jvanzyl@apache.org <jv...@apache.org>:
> Author: jvanzyl
> Date: Mon Jul 30 17:29:39 2007
> New Revision: 561199

> Log:
> o updating to release of plexus-utils, plexus (the single jar)

[SNIP]

Re: svn commit: r561199 - /maven/doxia/doxia-sitetools/trunk/pom.xml

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 31 Jul 07, at 8:31 AM 31 Jul 07, Vincent Siveton wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> I got now this following exception in doxia-site-renderer project.
>>

> This is really a testing problem, you are using 2.0.7 and I was using
> 2.1 so I didn't notice but the tests are pulling in the new container
> when it should be running the tests with the container Maven is using.
>
> Try the following:
>
> 1) Install the doxia jars by turning the tests off at first
> 2) Update the site plugin, build and install (i updated plexus-utils to
> 1.4.5)
> 3) Try to generate a site

I've stumbled on issues like this one as well. I get test failures for
no apparent reason. I followed this, slightly modified, recipe. This is
being run from trunks/doxia/doxia/

mvn test
test failure!

mvn clean
mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
mvn test

tests pass!

> This should work fine. Now go back to doxia and fork the tests so it
> spins up a new JVM. This should work but still isn't technically right.
> We should just block the container from entering the test classpath
> while running in-situ because the older version of Maven can't deal with
> methods that have been added in subsequent versions of plexus. I can't
> remember if surefire can filter out JARs from the classpath.
>
> I won't be here during the day but I'll be back tonight and I can check
> anything then. I can generate sites, using the site plugin using the new
> chain of releases so everything should be fine.
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vincent
>>
>> testRender(org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRendererTest)
>>  Time elapsed: 0.171 sec  <<< ERROR!
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.ComponentDescriptor.setSource(Ljava/lang/String;)V
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.component.discovery.DefaultComponentDiscoverer.createComponentDescriptors(DefaultComponentDiscoverer.java:68)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.component.discovery.AbstractComponentDiscoverer.findComponents(AbstractComponentDiscoverer.java:107)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.ComponentDiscoveryPhase.discoverComponents(ComponentDiscoveryPhase.java:83)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.ComponentDiscoveryPhase.execute(ComponentDiscoveryPhase.java:45)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initializePhases(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:900)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initialize(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:844)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.construct(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:820)
>>
>>     at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:204)
>>
>>     at org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusTestCase.setUp(PlexusTestCase.java:94)
>>     at
>> org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRendererTest.setUp(DefaultSiteRendererTest.java:66)
>>

>> 2007/7/30, jvanzyl@apache.org <jv...@apache.org>:
>>> Author: jvanzyl
>>> Date: Mon Jul 30 17:29:39 2007
>>> New Revision: 561199

>>> Log:
>>> o updating to release of plexus-utils, plexus (the single jar)
>>>

>> [SNIP]
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com

Dennis Lundberg

Re: svn commit: r561199 - /maven/doxia/doxia-sitetools/trunk/pom.xml

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.