Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2020/09/10 14:38:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Feature freeze for Stateful Functions 2.2.0

Hi all,

Following the discussion in [1], we've finished all previously mentioned
features in time (planned date was today, 10 Sep.).
Therefore, I'm happy to announce feature freeze for StateFun 2.2.0,
effective today.

We still have a bit of documentation to work on as well as some recently
discovered bugs around resource connection leaks, though.
Considering that there is only a limited number of committers pushing to
the StateFun repo, to ease up the effort of having to cherry-pick across
multiple branches before the release is out, we decided to not cut the
feature branch until we're ready to create the first release candidate.

We will try to create the release candidate over the next week for everyone
to vote on.
I'm volunteering to manage this release as well :)

Cheers,
Gordon

[1]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/Next-Stateful-Functions-Release-td44063.html