Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/12 18:02:36 UTC

Re: Why are committers accounts never terminated?

Le 12/03/15 16:38, Kevin A. McGrail a écrit :
> On 3/12/2015 11:31 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
>> Including community dev as it seems appropriate.
>>
>> Offboarding is equally important as onboarding. The solution as
>> described by Emmanuel and applied by Apache Directory project is a
>> good one. If the PMC of project FOO wants to have done it
>> differently, then it is their prerogative.
> We will have to agree to disagree because to me it's an apache way
> that volunteers can step away and step back without giant hurdles.

I never said we revoke access to committer that are moved to an emeritus
status.

It's just a cosmetic change, which is only reflected on the project page
: http://directory.apache.org/team.html

At any time, one committer might come back, his access is always
granted, we just have to update the team page.

Simple, easy, efficient, respectful.

Re: Why are committers accounts never terminated?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 12/03/15 23:45, Joseph Schaefer a écrit :
> Folks, cmon already.  If for any reason that you think the board will accept, you wish to drop users from either the project committer role or the pmc role, vote and report and have the chair make it so.  All of that data is managed in ldap by the ldap scripting tools on people.apache.org for the chairs use and enjoyment.
>
> The is no need whatsoever to discuss this with an angle towards making infra do anything nor to setting any sort of org wide standard.  Just ensure the board is agreeable and that is sufficient.

In any case, I don't know why this discussion started at infra...

It belongs to members@, at best.

Re: Why are committers accounts never terminated?

Posted by Joseph Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Folks, cmon already.  If for any reason that you think the board will accept, you wish to drop users from either the project committer role or the pmc role, vote and report and have the chair make it so.  All of that data is managed in ldap by the ldap scripting tools on people.apache.org for the chairs use and enjoyment.

The is no need whatsoever to discuss this with an angle towards making infra do anything nor to setting any sort of org wide standard.  Just ensure the board is agreeable and that is sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone