Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/10/23 19:55:06 UTC

svn:mergeinfo prop

I've noticed recently when merging from 2.9.x -> trunk or vice/versa,
for some reason it picks up files that had zero source changes in the
revision I merged, but do show changes to their svn:mergeinfo.

EG for LUCENE-2002, I merged 2.9.x -> trunk, and now on my trunk
checkout I see this mods:

Property changes on:
src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/TestBackwardsCompatibility.java
Modified: svn:mergeinfo
   Merged /lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_9/src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/TestBackwardsCompatibility.java:r829134

Property changes on: src/test/org/apache/lucene/document/TestNumberTools.java
Modified: svn:mergeinfo
   Merged /lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_9/src/test/org/apache/lucene/document/TestNumberTools.java:r829134

But, the commit for LUCENE-2002 did not touch these files.  Does
anyone know why it's doing this?  Is it OK?

Mike

Re: svn:mergeinfo prop

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Ahhh, ok, that makes sense.

Mike

RE: svn:mergeinfo prop

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Ist very easy to explain:

Re: svn:mergeinfo prop

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Re: svn:mergeinfo prop

Posted by Earwin Burrfoot <ea...@gmail.com>.
It's okay in a sense.
See, svn's merge-tracking support was grafted onto it in a particulary
hideous way and is really hairy on the insides.
So while there's no sane explanation for that behaviour, it is expected.

See - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.advanced.html#svn.branchmerge.advanced.finalword

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 21:55, Michael McCandless
<lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> I've noticed recently when merging from 2.9.x -> trunk or vice/versa,
> for some reason it picks up files that had zero source changes in the
> revision I merged, but do show changes to their svn:mergeinfo.
>
> EG for LUCENE-2002, I merged 2.9.x -> trunk, and now on my trunk
> checkout I see this mods:
>
> Property changes on:
> src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/TestBackwardsCompatibility.java
> Modified: svn:mergeinfo
>   Merged /lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_9/src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/TestBackwardsCompatibility.java:r829134
>

> Property changes on: src/test/org/apache/lucene/document/TestNumberTools.java
> Modified: svn:mergeinfo
>   Merged /lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_9/src/test/org/apache/lucene/document/TestNumberTools.java:r829134
>
> But, the commit for LUCENE-2002 did not touch these files.  Does
> anyone know why it's doing this?  Is it OK?
>
> Mike

ICQ: 104465785