Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shi Jinghai <sh...@langhua.cn> on 2009/01/09 19:40:19 UTC

OFBiz-LearningCurve has been released

Hi list,

I'm glad to announce the release of Langhua LearningCurve component for
OFBiz.

License:
The LearningCurve component is in LGPL 3.0 license.

Develop Environment:
The LearningCurve component is developed and tested with OFBiz trunk on
Fedora 10 x86_64, OpenJDK 1.6.

Background:
The LearningCurve component is an algorithm module without UI. It's
developed for our internal project management system. We want to match
the CMM4. We have to find a way to estimate work efforts from our
history data and set shield. As we are a service company, we believe
Learning Curve theory is the key to build up our PMS.

http://fast.faa.gov/pricing/98-30c18.htm
http://cost.jsc.nasa.gov/learn.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_regression
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_squares
http://math.nist.gov/javanumerics/jama/
(Personally, I think it would be great if Apache has a TPL like Jama.
Jama seems dead.)

Source Code:
SVN:
http://www.langhua.cn/langhua/ofbiz-components/OFBiz-LearningCurve/
Username: anon
Password: anon

ViewVC:
http://www.langhua.cn/viewvc/svn/ofbiz-components/OFBiz-LearningCurve/

You can run the test cases in Eclipse to see the results. If you find
any bug or have any suggestion on this component, please feedback to me.

Enjoy it.

Shi Jinghai/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Re: OFBiz-LearningCurve has been released

Posted by Shi Jinghai <sh...@langhua.cn>.
The design document is a translation of the web pages listed in my
email. I guess it's difficult for Chinese to understand the meaning, so
I translated them into Chinese.

As it's decribed in faa.gov, learning curve theory is useful for the
small quantity manufacturing such as planes, space equipments and etc.,
and I think it's also suitable for IT service industry.

Here are more info on CMM(Capability Maturity Model) which I should give
in the last email:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capability_Maturity_Model
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Capability_Maturity_Model.jpg

In the "Level 4 - Managed":
Organizational implications
        (a) Quantitative quality goals tend to be set for process output
        - e.g., software or software maintenance.
        (b) Using quantitative/statistical techniques, process
        performance is measured and monitored and generally predictable
        and controllable also.

The LearningCurve component is designed for the (b).

Here is an example on how to use this component. When a new payment
implement is required, if Person A has time to do this, then project
management system can get history data of Person A and use this
component to calculate the estimated time cost, and then create a task
with the requirements, estimated time, upper shield time(such as 10%
more) and lower shield time(such as 10% less). SQA will get a warning
message and check the reason why it's too long or too soon if the time
consumed is more than the upper shield time or lower than the lower
shield time.

SQA is software quality assuarance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Quality_Assurance

I hope I explained how to use this component clearly now.

Not sure whether it should be a service. Maybe later.

Regards,

Shi Jinghai/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

在 2009-01-10六的 09:46 +0700,Hans Bakker写道:

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
The idea sounds great...

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices