Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com> on 2012/07/21 03:26:59 UTC

Rave 1.0 Roadmap

Over on the OpenSocial Google group I came across this note [1] talking
about OpenSocial 3.0. There was a link about "Community changes required
prior to OpenSocial 3.0" [2]. The point that interested me the most was
Rave 1.0 is a goal prior to OpenSocial 3.0. I agree that is probably the
right step but that means we probably need to renew the conversation about
what does Rave 1.0 mean? Right now our roadmap is pretty bare [3].

Matt, did you guys discuss any specifics at the get together this week
about what Rave 1.0 should include?

Chris

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/5RQghj4LJv8/qv9-SgsDOS0J
[2]
http://docs.opensocial.org/display/OSD/Community+Changes+Before+OpenSocial+3.0
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/rave/RoadMap

Re: Rave 1.0 Roadmap

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
On 7/24/12 3:42 PM, "Marlon Pierce" <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

>Those are important questions.

+1.  I think a couple of those are important for us all to have good
answers for.  One of the major action items that came out of the
OpenSocial event was to fix the engagement model.  IE make sure that
answers to these questions can be found on the websites.

OpenSocial is working on fixing their web presence and will be linking to
us.  I think a big part of our roadmap is fixing our web presence as well.
 Linking to Shindig, Wookie, W3C widgets & OpenSocial.  Logical
documentation, etc..

Re: Rave 1.0 Roadmap

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Re: Rave 1.0 Roadmap