Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "a20134 (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com> on 2006/01/25 15:56:12 UTC

Cannot login after register

After I installed Roller 2.1 RC1. I found I cannot login after register a new user. It always prompt "Wrong username and password combination". I checked the mysql database and confirmed my input of username and password is not wrong.

My configuration:
Roller: 2.1 RC1
App Server: Tomcat 5.5.12
Java: 1.5.0_06
OS: windows 2000 Server
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Cannot login after register

Posted by "wrast (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com>.
I had the same problem. You may have seen my posting in the archives (it wasn't but about a week ago).

Anyway, I finally did figure out kind of what was going on. It had something to do with my Tomcat  configuration. I had 2 hosts set up, 1 for "localhost" and the other for the "real" domain name. Look over those carefully. I don't really know why it wouldn't work correctly for me but I ended up simply removing my "real"  and just added  into my "localhost" .

The better answer is probably to know the right way configure s in Tomcat, but it wasn't that important to me so I didn't bother. I was just happy to get it working.

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On Jan 25, 2006, at 9:56 AM, a20134 (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> After I installed Roller 2.1 RC1. I found I cannot login after
> register a new user. It always prompt "Wrong username and password
> combination". I checked the mysql database and confirmed my input
> of username and password is not wrong.

If you are able to register a new user, then your database connection
must be OK.

So, what could the problem be.

Do you get any error messages in the roller.log or catalina.out log
files when login fails?

Could you have changed the encrypted passwords setting after you
registered your user?

Does you password have weird characters in it?

- Dave