Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by manzano <ra...@aulanet.uniovi.es> on 2002/11/26 11:58:34 UTC

xml FOP JSP

Hello, my name is Raul and I have lots of problems.
I try every thing and I cant make it.
Any one knows how get a pdf file from a jsp with FOP, and that the xml
source is get from another jsp file that is dynamically generated???
Solutions? An example would be wonderful...
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raul
Universidad de Oviedo
Aulanet

RE: xml FOP JSP

Posted by Stephan Wiesner <st...@stephan-wiesner.de>.
Hi Raul,
I have an application running that does this. However it is integrated
and I can't make an easy example form it. This is what I am doing:
The XML is generated by a standard Java class, which is called by a JSP.
The resulting DOM Node ist then evaluated and saved in the session. The
user has to make some choices, based on the contents of the XML Node and
this choices are evaluated by another JSP, which handles it together
with the Node from the session to a class which generates the PDF. The
resulting byte[] (content in the example below) can then be written to
the browser with the following:

response.setContentLength(content.length);
response.getOutputStream().write(content);
response.getOutputStream().flush();

Hope that helped some.
Stephan