Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by timstoel <ti...@newoldsounds.com> on 2014/08/29 01:07:14 UTC

Getting products to show up in ecommerce after setup wizard

Once I complete the setup wizard, I am unable in any way to get the product I
created to show up on the e-commerce page.  I have compared my catalog,
category and product settings to the demo installation and I can't find
anything that seems different.  I tried creating multiple products and
categories.  The categories show up if there is a product in them, but I
cannot get the products themselves to show.

Is there a checklist of any kind for getting a product to properly display?
I can't find much documentation dealing with this area.

Thank you,
Tim

Re: Getting products to show up in ecommerce after setup wizard

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
I was able to get mine to show up.
I dont recall the exact list, but I found it on the internet, so maybe see
if you can google.
If you dont find it let me know and I will see if I can document it for you.
It did have some odd steps in regards to what needed to be turned on.

I have not read it yet but I bought a book ecommerce out of the box.
I skimmed over it and I believe it has pretty specific documentation.
I know I was disappointed that she mentioned virtual inventory but did not
detail how to configure it up.
I still have not got that figured out.

Hope you find the steps I did and get it working.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Getting products to show up in ecommerce after setup wizard

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
I know this is going to sound dumb, but I recall I had to do a search to
actually see them.
Like they did not show, but as soon as I did some interaction on the page
that refreshed the list it showed.
I did not have that issue on windows 7, but on linux (Ubutu I had that
issue, I believe there is a refresh cache in web tools, I did not try it,
but maybe that would help).

-----
Joel Fradkin