Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/13 21:59:56 UTC

IVY-65

Hi,

I've tried the suggestion in IVY-65 and it indeed seems to solve the problem of using Ivy on turkish machines (and probably other languages as well).
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-65

To test it, I've started the junit tests with the following system properties:

            <jvmarg value="-Duser.region=TR" />
            <jvmarg value="-Duser.language=tr" />

Without the fix, I had a lot of failures. After changing all String.toLowerCase, String.toUpperCase and String.equalIgnoreCase methods, the tests were ok.
Shall I commit this change to build.xml as well to make sure we keep compatibility with such locales?
Or do you have other ideas how we can test Ivy for these languages?

--
Maarten

Re: IVY-65

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
I have no problem with that.

Gilles

2007/6/13, Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried the suggestion in IVY-65 and it indeed seems to solve the problem of using Ivy on turkish machines (and probably other languages as well).
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-65
>
> To test it, I've started the junit tests with the following system properties:
>
>             <jvmarg value="-Duser.region=TR" />
>             <jvmarg value="-Duser.language=tr" />
>
> Without the fix, I had a lot of failures. After changing all String.toLowerCase, String.toUpperCase and String.equalIgnoreCase methods, the tests were ok.
> Shall I commit this change to build.xml as well to make sure we keep compatibility with such locales?
> Or do you have other ideas how we can test Ivy for these languages?
>
> --
> Maarten

> Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Gilles SCOKART

Re: IVY-65

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/07, Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried the suggestion in IVY-65 and it indeed seems to solve the
> problem of using Ivy on turkish machines (and probably other languages as
> well).
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-65
>
> To test it, I've started the junit tests with the following system
> properties:
>
>             <jvmarg value="-Duser.region=TR" />
>             <jvmarg value="-Duser.language=tr" />
>
> Without the fix, I had a lot of failures. After changing all
> String.toLowerCase, String.toUpperCase and String.equalIgnoreCase methods,
> the tests were ok.
> Shall I commit this change to build.xml as well to make sure we keep
> compatibility with such locales?
> Or do you have other ideas how we can test Ivy for these languages?

I have no idea, so your solution is great for me!

Xavier

--
> Maarten

> Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
> knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/