Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2003/12/30 10:05:58 UTC

Problems using I18n Transformer

Hello,

I want to use the I18n Transformer and therefore I had it registered in
the sitemap like:

   <map:transformers default="xslt">
      <map:transformer name="i18n" logger="sitemap.transformer.i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
        <catalogues default="messages">
          <catalogue id="messages" name="messages" location="translations"/>
        </catalogues>
        <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
      </map:transformer>
    </map:transformers>

In the pipeline I had placed the following fragment:

      <map:match pattern="*.xml">
         <map:generate type="file" src="{1}.xml"/>
         <map:transform type="i18n" />
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>

And in the same folder, the sitemap is situated, I have placed a
subfolder named translations which contains the Message Catalogoue
messages.xml. But when I call the pipeline, I got the following error
message:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to locate resource:
messages (key [messages]):
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Unable to
locate resource: messages (key [messages])

Ähh? Whats wrong here? If I copy the whole i18n example from the samples
folder to the cocoon root, switching between the locales doesnt work and
I got the same error! I'v tested this behavior on 2.1.2, 2.1.3 and 2.1.4dev.

Thank you for you help.

Regards
Stephan