Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephanie Zohner <st...@gmx.at> on 2004/01/20 15:10:58 UTC

Cocoon CLI & Request params

Hi,

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the cocoon command line
interface. The configuration is quite tricky but with the help of the mailing
list I could run a simple example, at least.

However, my problem now is: How can I configure request parameters for one
of the URLS in the cli.xconf?
Can I hand request params over to a defined uri when I call the cocoon cli?

Thanks for your help,

Stephanie

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail

indents & SourceWritingTransformer ?

Posted by Stephanie Zohner <st...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

I generate an XML File with cocoon with no indents.
Like

Then I would like to save this file with indents with the
SourceWritingTransformer.

How can I do this?

I already tried this (in vain):

1. I added <indent>yes</indent> to the configuration of the XML_Serializer
(I use the XML-Serializer for the output of the SourceWritingTransformer).
2. In my pipeline I added a XSL-Transformation that copies the whole file
but adds indents (with  <xsl:output indent=yes/>) so that my pipeline looks
like the following now:

<map:match pattern="test">
	<map:generate src="../test-files/archive-run.xml"/>
	<map:transform type="xslt" src="stylesheets/indent.xsl"></map:transform>
	<map:transform type="xslt" src="stylesheets/save.xsl"></map:transform>
	<map:transform type="write-source"></map:transform>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

But still the saved file has no indents.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks Stephanie

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail

Re: Cocoon CLI & Request params

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Stephanie Zohner wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the cocoon command line
>interface. The configuration is quite tricky but with the help of the mailing
>list I could run a simple example, at least.
>
>However, my problem now is: How can I configure request parameters for one
>of the URLS in the cli.xconf?
>Can I hand request params over to a defined uri when I call the cocoon cli?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Stephanie

The CLI can handle request parameters, but at present doesn't (I
believe) do it very elegantly. You just put the URL you want to request
in including the request parameters, e.g <uri
src="/page.html?x=1&y=2"/>. It 'mangles' the URL into a filename, such
as page.html_x_1_y_2. The mangling isn't very sophisticated, and could
do with being much better, e.g. page.x_1_y_2.html. It wouldn't be too
hard to do as the mangling code is quite well contained. Fancy having a
go at producing a patch to fix it? I'll happily give you pointers.

Regards, Upayavira