Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/20 21:09:18 UTC

Re: Transferring Repositoies (Was Re: Masayuki Ishikawa added to NuttX committers)

[This conversation belongs on the dev list]

>     Which way is the mirrors?
>
> I believe I read somewhere, it's apache --> github. But I could be wrong.

I recall Duo saying that you can set this up either way.

Re: Transferring Repositoies (Was Re: Masayuki Ishikawa added to NuttX committers)

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
For me I do not think a jenkins job will stop others to try other
solutions, like buildbot or travis CI or other CI tools.

We can both provide our solutions, at least a POC, and then start to argue
which one is better. And maybe both ways are fine, or we can find a way to
them all in one. For HBase, we use both jira and github, and you can upload
your patch on jira and then a jenkins job will test your patch and post the
result on jira. And you can also create a PR on github and another pipeline
jenkins job will test your patch and post the result to GitHub.

Thanks.

Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> 于2019年12月21日周六 下午12:54写道:

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your offer.  We really need to agree to an end-to-end
workflow before we invest very much into implementation.  The
implementation should not drive the workflow; the workflow requirements
should drive the implementation.

Unfortunately, the topic is now so poisoned that people don't want to
get close to it.  I think we need a little time.

Greg

Posted by David Sidrane <Da...@nscdg.com>.
+1

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
The sync is bidirection.

Posted by David Sidrane <da...@apache.org>.

On 2019/12/20 21:09:18, Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [This conversation belongs on the dev list]
>
> >     Which way is the mirrors?
> >
> > I believe I read somewhere, it's apache --> github. But I could be wrong.
>
> I recall Duo saying that you can set this up either way.

PMC I would like to suggest the following be merged to bitbucket but not up streamed.

https://bitbucket.org/david_s5/nuttx/src/master_move_notice/

I will also share a suggestion that a college made once when we faced this same situation.

Hold on.cuz it sounds crazy.. you add the above notice with a link back one commit in the repo and `rm -fr` everything else in the repo this commit,

What this does prevent people from mistakenly using the repo and at the same time keeps all the ref to it valid, It is worth considering as it avoids "Oh the ... is a dead project" and hate mail.

Thoughts?

David