Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/15 06:36:54 UTC

Ajax Sandbox

Since we seem to have a pretty good eagerness as a
community to get some Ajax examples into the project
but have concerns about standardized implementations
and I would hope a high standard of complete
functionality (ie degrading and debugged) before
replacing current screen functionality, might I
suggest a sort of sandbox folder similar to
specialpurpose?  I think this would allow us to
collaborate a lot better where we can contribute
something that shows a direction or a
half-implementation or proof of concept of some of
these technologies but also benefit from SVN.

I feel most of any elaborate use of ajax in an
application is going to be monkey see, monkey do.
This sandbox would help take some burden off those in
the community that have the skills to get an
implementation going and put it on to those that also
want to see ajax use but whose skills are limited to
following a pattern.

This would also allow us to vote on when certain
implementations are mature enough to enhance the
functionality in the core applications.  If we
followed the approach in FAQ 21
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQ21
the transition back into the original application
would be pretty smoothe as well as be able to demo how
its role inside the original app.

Re: Ajax Sandbox

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I got your joke, but I don't mean for it to go in
specialpurpose as I don't see specialpurpose's purpose
as a sandbox.  Specialpurpose is definately an area
that we would want to see mature applications remain
and not simply be stepping stone to some sort of
graduation. I meant it to illustrate creating another
folder outside of applications and framework that
we're all accustomed.

--- Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Ajax Sandbox

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Chris,

Re: Ajax Sandbox

Posted by Anil Patel <ap...@adititechlabs.com>.
While I know Example component acts as Best Practices sample code thing, May
be we can Ajax it to demonstrate different ways of using Ajax in Ofbiz.

Regards
Anil Patel