Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sanjeev Kulkarni <sa...@locomatix.com> on 2011/09/29 07:03:29 UTC

nodetools cfstats question

Hey guys,
I'm using a three node cluster running 0.8.6 with rf of 3. Its a freshly
installed cluster with no upgrade history.
I have 6 cfs and only one of them is written into. That cf has around one
thousand keys. A quick key_range_scan verifies this.
However when I do cfstats, I see the following for this cf.

Number of Keys (estimate): 5248
Key cache capacity: 200000
Key cache size: 99329

What is the definition of these three output values? Both the Number of Keys
and Key Cache size are way over what they should be.
Thanks!

Re: nodetools cfstats question

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, because the cache is not full so there is no pressure to remove
old entries.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra