Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2003/03/07 22:07:22 UTC

Re: [Q] Presentation of confirmation information that is meaningf ul to user?

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:22:43 -0500
Bueno Carlos  M <Ca...@irs.gov> wrote:

> Javascript weenies take the display value and put it in a hidden
> field:
>
>     <input type="hidden" name="deptName" />
>     <select name="dept"
> onchange="this.form.deptName.value=this.selected.text;">
>     <option value="501">Accounting</option>

Thanks Carlos and Joe,
I tend to usually use this javascript solution or place maps in
application scope and do a look up in my action and add it to the
formBean there. Appreciated your feedback.  Thanks.

--
Rick Reumann