Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com> on 2004/06/18 18:28:20 UTC

Infinite looping in self-configuration mode (was Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06)

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:19:02AM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> I'm not sure, but you could run both with tracing on -trace=debug or
> APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL=debug and then compare the logs. Could be that in
> one case it finds a global httpd.conf but not in the other?

Hi Stas,

Finally getting back to this thread.... Even with the latest Apache-Test
from CVS, I'm still getting the infinite looping when A::T tries to do
it's self-configuration.

In my estimation, the following line is the significant difference
between the two traces:

  can't figure out Apache revision, from string: '', using a non-existing revision 0

That error happens several times in guess-mode but is never seen in the
successful run. Furthermore, as you can see from the successful trace,
my path to EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH is indeed relative -- 'logs/httpd.mm'.

William

---------------

Here's the output with trace from an unsuccessful make test:

  /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
  t/TEST -clean
  setting ulimit to allow core files
  ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/local/bin/perl /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/TEST -clean
  trying to load custom config data
  can't figure out Apache revision, from string: '', using a non-existing revision 0
  can't figure out Apache revision, from string: '', using a non-existing revision 0
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/logs/apache_runtime_status.sem: No such file or directory
  APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_PORT= APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_APXS= \
  /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
  t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
  setting ulimit to allow core files
  ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/local/bin/perl /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
  trying to load custom config data
  can't figure out Apache revision, from string: '', using a non-existing revision 0
  generating conf/mime.types
  generating htdocs/index.html
  Will 'Include' /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/conf/extra.conf config file
  generating conf/extra.conf from /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/conf/extra.conf.in
  generating conf/httpd.conf
  generating conf/apache_test_config.pm
  saving config data to apache_test_config.pm
  trying to load custom config data
  can't figure out Apache revision, from string: '', using a non-existing revision 0
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/conf/mime.types
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/htdocs/index.html
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/conf/apache_test_config.pm
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/logs/apache_runtime_status.sem: No such file or directory
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/conf/httpd.conf
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/conf/extra.conf
  rmdir /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/logs
  rmdir /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/htdocs

  We are now going to configure the Apache-Test framework.
  This configuration process needs to be done only once.

And here's the output from a successful test (done by passing -httpd
path to perl Makefile.PL command):

  /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
  t/TEST -clean
  setting ulimit to allow core files
  ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/local/bin/perl /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/TEST -clean
  trying to load custom config data
  isolated httpd_info VERSION = Apache/1.3.31 (Unix)
  isolated httpd_info BUILT = May 28 2004 18:55:40
  isolated httpd_info MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER = 19990320:16
  isolated httpd_defines EAPI = 1
  isolated httpd_defines EAPI_MM = 1
  isolated httpd_defines EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH = logs/httpd.mm
  isolated httpd_defines HAVE_MMAP = 1
  isolated httpd_defines HAVE_SHMGET = 1
  isolated httpd_defines USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD = 1
  isolated httpd_defines USE_MMAP_FILES = 1
  isolated httpd_defines HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT = 1
  isolated httpd_defines HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT = 1
  isolated httpd_defines SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT = 1
  isolated httpd_defines DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT = 64
  isolated httpd_defines HARD_SERVER_LIMIT = 256
  isolated httpd_defines HTTPD_ROOT = /usr/local/apache
  isolated httpd_defines SUEXEC_BIN = /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec
  isolated httpd_defines DEFAULT_PIDLOG = logs/httpd.pid
  isolated httpd_defines DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD = logs/httpd.scoreboard
  isolated httpd_defines DEFAULT_LOCKFILE = logs/httpd.lock
  isolated httpd_defines DEFAULT_ERRORLOG = logs/error_log
  isolated httpd_defines TYPES_CONFIG_FILE = conf/mime.types
  isolated httpd_defines SERVER_CONFIG_FILE = conf/httpd.conf
  isolated httpd_defines ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE = conf/access.conf
  isolated httpd_defines RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE = conf/srm.conf
  inheriting config file: /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
  /home/quicktel/QT-Web/conf/apache.conf is already absolute
  /home/quicktel/QT-Web/conf/apache.conf successfully resolved to existing file /home/quicktel/QT-Web/conf/apache.conf
  inheriting config file: /home/quicktel/QT-Web/conf/apache.conf
  /etc/mime.types is already absolute
  /etc/mime.types successfully resolved to existing file /etc/mime.types
  Matched Apache revision Apache/1.3.31 1
  Matched Apache revision Apache/1.3.31 1
  unlink /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/logs/apache_runtime_status.sem: No such file or directory
  rmdir /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/logs
  APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_PORT= APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_APXS= \
  /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
  t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
  setting ulimit to allow core files
  ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/local/bin/perl /home/william/perl/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0

    <the above is repeated and the tests all run successfully>

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Re: Infinite looping in self-configuration mode (was Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>OK, please let us know when and if you see it again.
>>
>>I see that there were quite a few changes since the last A-T release,
>>any volunteers to wear the Release Manager cap and get a new version out?
>

> I'll do it, once the need_* functions have been implemented (which I'll do
> as well :)

Thanks Geoff!

Re: Infinite looping in self-configuration mode (was Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06)

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> OK, please let us know when and if you see it again.
>
> I see that there were quite a few changes since the last A-T release,
> any volunteers to wear the Release Manager cap and get a new version out?

I'll do it, once the need_* functions have been implemented (which I'll do
as well :)

--Geoff

Re: Infinite looping in self-configuration mode (was Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.06)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:27:47PM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >Finally getting back to this thread.... Even with the latest Apache-Test
> >from CVS, I'm still getting the infinite looping when A::T tries to do
> >it's self-configuration.
>
> Sorry for taking so long to followup, William. It's hard to guess what
> could the problem be, when I can't reproduce it.

Hey Stas,

Thnnks for getting back to me. I was hoping the error message regarding
the Apache revision may give you some hints. It doesn't mean much to me.

> How about the current cvs? Do you still get it?

I haven't tried it since my last email and don't have much spare time
at the moment. I suspect I'll run across it again when the next A::T
release comes out if it's not fixed <g>. I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks,
WIlliam

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.