Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/12 01:08:20 UTC

Moving release archives for BSF, BCEL, JCS from Jakarta to Commons

At present, BSF, BCEL and JCS downloads still use /dist/jakarta/<proj>.

I've just started the process of moving JMeter files to the new JMeter
TLP, so I thought I might as well do the same for the remaining
Jakarta downloads.

This is what I propose for the Commons moves:

- copy (cp -p) archives, sigs, hashes from /dist/jakarta/<proj> to
/dist/commons/<proj>
- add redirect for /dist/jakarta/<proj> to
http://ww.apache.org/dist/commons/<proj>
(this only affects www.apache.org, not the 3rd party mirrors)

Wait a day or two to allow the mirrors to catch up.

Next stages are:

- update <proj> download page to use /dist/commons/<proj>
- delete /dist/jakarta/<proj>

At some later point the archives need to be tackled, but that might
involve infra.

I think that's it; if anyone can spot any errors in the process please advise!

Re: Moving release archives for BSF, BCEL, JCS from Jakarta to Commons

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 November 2011 06:23, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
> Looks good, though I'm not sure the redirect on the mirror adds you
> much value. I'd do it if it's standard practice, otherwise skip.

Seems to be standard practice, and it's trivial to do.
It also catches any references to the old location, in case there are
other download pages / links lurking somewhere...

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.