Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/21 03:28:48 UTC

min hardware requirement

Hi ,
what is min hardware requirement for kafka ?

I see min ram size for production is recommended is 32GB.

what can be issue with 8 GB ram and for test purpose i was planning to use

some 1gb or 4gb aws machine, is it safe to run in 1gb machine for few days?

For log write i have big disk.

*Regards,*
*Laxmi Narayan Patel*
*MCA NIT Durgapur (2011-2014)*
*Mob:-    9741292048,8345847473    *

Re: min hardware requirement

Posted by David Garcia <da...@spiceworks.com>.
Sorry, wrong link: http://docs.confluent.io/2.0.1/kafka/deployment.html

On 1/24/17, 2:13 PM, "David Garcia" <da...@spiceworks.com> wrote:

    This should give you an idea: https://www.confluent.io/blog/design-and-deployment-considerations-for-deploying-apache-kafka-on-aws/

    On 1/23/17, 10:25 PM, "Ewen Cheslack-Postava" <ew...@confluent.io> wrote:

        Smaller servers/instances work fine for tests, as long as the workload is
        scaled down as well. Most memory on a Kafka broker will end up dedicated to
        page cache. For, e.g., 1GB of RAM just consider that you probably won't be
        leaving much room to cache the data so your performance may suffer a bit.

        -Ewen

        On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <nit.dgp673@gmail.com

Posted by David Garcia <da...@spiceworks.com>.

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.