Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Summerfield <su...@OS2.ami.com.au> on 2000/08/03 05:47:38 UTC

Re: Using Class.forName() with Tomcat

> ------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01BFFD8A.A3899440
>
> I'm trying to load a class by name.  The class is located in =
> $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes and I am getting long stack =
> trace.  Any reason why class for name won't work off of the ROOT =
> context?  Is it a permission issue?

Sheesh.

What do you think the trace is for, if not to tell you what went wrong?

What do you think
	try {
	} catch (Exception E) {
	}
is for, if not to report in a format YOU can understand.

Please, use the information and tools YOU have at hand, before wasting the
time and bandwidth of others.

Re: Using Class.forName() with Tomcat

Posted by Jonathan Reichhold <re...@singingfish.com>.
Actually you write the following code:

try{
    //The code in question
} catch (Exception e) {
    System.err.println("Exception: " + e.toString());
    e.printStrackTrace();
}

To really see the exception and the details.  I left out the details of the
stack trace because I was asking if there is some sort of permisions issue
with Class.forName() and Tomcat.  I will not send the stack trace until I
clean parts of it out.

Jonathan