Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <pr...@citrix.com> on 2012/09/04 08:56:56 UTC

Re: multiple NICs on same network

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:36:59PM -0400, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> On 8/29/12 3:13 AM, "Sumita Gorla" <Su...@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> >Can we use Cloudstack APIs to create a VM with two NICs on the same
> >shared network
> >Or isolated network?
> >

> No, one nic per user vm network.

The API can be used to create a VM with multiple nics in the same
network. The logic to prevent this in the UI only. You just have to
specify the same NetworkId as a comma-seperated list. so the following
works atm:

deployVirtualMachine
	&templateId=ttt
	&serviceOfferingId=sss
	&networkId=nn,nn

Most likely the default gateway gets clobbered and only one NIC is in
use at all times. The other being passive.

Just Curious, What would be a use-case for such a requirement though?

Prasanna.,

Re: multiple NICs on same network

Posted by Facundo Guerrero <fg...@ipaddress.com.ar>.
I post the improvement request