Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Xiang Wang <xi...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/04 12:50:41 UTC

multi-lang disable the automatic task id acknowledge

Hi everyone,

I got a question about multi-lang processing.

In the tutorial page, (
http://storm.apache.org/releases/0.10.0/Multilang-protocol.html),
it says "*if not doing an emit direct, you will receive the task ids to
which the tuple was emitted on STDIN as a JSON array*".

I am currently using c++ as multi-lang and NOT doing an emit direct.
However, the task id automatically emitted to c++ process is useless to my
application.

Is there anyway to disable this feature, as I want to save network
transferring cost.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Xiang

Xiang Wang PhD Candidate
Database Research Group
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia