Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "gustavo.maurizio" <gm...@me.com> on 2016/10/27 11:08:42 UTC

camel 2.18.0 file component filter example

Can someone please provide an example of the new file2 filterFile and
filterDirectory usage with simple expression?
We want to process recursively a directory and its subdirectories but only
matching files or directories (and all its subfiles) that have name YYYYMMDD
lower or equal the run moment.

Any example will do...
thanks!

Re: camel 2.18.0 file component filter example

Posted by "gustavo.maurizio" <gm...@me.com>.
Thanks Claus, we figured out how to do it. To provide an example:

To process files in a directory on a specific time and date, we create with
other routes a file whose body has the content of the message to post. Files
should be named as 2016-12-28__01-00-58__UTC@some.queue

The filterFile=${file:name} &lt; ${date:now:yyyy-MM-dd__HH-mm} will choose
all files ready to process.
Note that we use &lt; instead of more familiar < since we cannot use
directly the symbol.

We then split the filename at the @ symbol and chose the second part [1] to
send the message to with dynamic endpoint.

        <route id="gt.cron.queue" streamCache="true" trace="false">
            <from
uri="file://{{nfs.filecron}}?autoCreate=true&amp;autoCreate=true&amp;delay=10000&amp;move=cron.done&amp;moveFailed=cron.error&amp;filterFile=${file:name}
&lt; ${date:now:yyyy-MM-dd__HH-mm}"/>
            <convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String" charset="UTF-8"/>
            <toD
uri="activemq:queue:${header.CamelFileNameOnly.split('@')[1]}"/>
        </route>

Re: camel 2.18.0 file component filter example

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can try look in the unit tests of camel-core as there is likely
some unit tests covering this functionality.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 1:08 PM, gustavo.maurizio <gm...@me.com> wrote:
> Can someone please provide an example of the new file2 filterFile and
> filterDirectory usage with simple expression?
> We want to process recursively a directory and its subdirectories but only
> matching files or directories (and all its subfiles) that have name YYYYMMDD
> lower or equal the run moment.
>
> Any example will do...
> thanks!

Claus Ibsen