Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/01/20 05:51:36 UTC

forrestbot not using input plugin

I have another issue with forrestbot from trunk.

The Apache Incubator website still uses some *.cwiki
source files. The forrest.properties has the property
project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output,wiki

Using 0.7-dev and doing 'forrest' from the command-line
everything works fine. However, using 'forrestbot' from the
command-line, it seems that it is not using the "wiki" plugin.

X [0] projects/derby.html BROKEN: /opt/forrest/forrestbot-conf/work/incubator/site-author/projects/derby.xml (No such file or directory)

--David

Re: forrestbot not using input plugin

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >I have another issue with forrestbot from trunk.
> >
> >The Apache Incubator website still uses some *.cwiki
> >source files. The forrest.properties has the property
> >project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output,wiki
> >
> >Using 0.7-dev and doing 'forrest' from the command-line
> >everything works fine. However, using 'forrestbot' from the
> >command-line, it seems that it is not using the "wiki" plugin.

> >X [0] projects/derby.html BROKEN:
> >/opt/forrest/forrestbot-conf/work/incubator/site-author/projects/derby.xml
> >(No such file or directory)
>
> Can you check that there is a project_home/build/tmp/input.xmap file
> that incorporates the include for the wiki plugin xmaps.

There is a tmp/input.xmap but it has no reference to wiki xmap.
The tmp/output.xmap *does* have a reference to pdf xmap.

> Can you provide the output of the ANT build from the forrestbot, it may
> be that it is, in some way, bypassing the configuration of the plugins
> (search the output for "wiki" and look for configuration tasks found in
> main/targets/plugins.xml

Created issue FOR-425 and added the outputs from both builds.

Yes the forrestbot does not do anything for the configure-input-plugin
for "wiki" but it does do work at configure-output-plugin for "pdf".

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I have another issue with forrestbot from trunk.
>
> The Apache Incubator website still uses some *.cwiki
> source files. The forrest.properties has the property
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output,wiki
>
> Using 0.7-dev and doing 'forrest' from the command-line
> everything works fine. However, using 'forrestbot' from the
> command-line, it seems that it is not using the "wiki" plugin.

> X [0] projects/derby.html BROKEN: /opt/forrest/forrestbot-conf/work/incubator/site-author/projects/derby.xml (No such file or directory)

Can you check that there is a project_home/build/tmp/input.xmap file
that incorporates the include for the wiki plugin xmaps.

Can you provide the output of the ANT build from the forrestbot, it may
be that it is, in some way, bypassing the configuration of the plugins
(search the output for "wiki" and look for configuration tasks found in
main/targets/plugins.xml

Ross