Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2018/04/23 21:22:01 UTC

[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 1.9.0

The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Accumulo 1.9.0! This release contains many bug fixes, performance
improvements, security enhancements, build quality improvements, and more.

This release is effectively a patch release for 1.8.x, and replaces the
1.8.x series. It was bumped to a minor release version, under Semantic
Versioning rules to accommodate a new API addition to in order to
deprecate the use of some third party library types leaking into our public
API.

Users of any previous 1.8.x release are strongly encouraged to update as
soon as possible to benefit from the improvements with very little concern
in
change of underlying functionality. Users of versions 1.7 and earlier are
encouraged to develop a timely upgrade plan to transition to 1.9.0, as their
maintenance schedules allow.

***

Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that provides
robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With Apache Accumulo, users
can store and manage large data sets across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache
Hadoop's HDFS to store its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.

This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

The full release notes can be viewed at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-1.9.0/

--
The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 1.9.0

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I'll try to fix formatting before I send it out tomorrow.

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.