Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/09/12 12:37:29 UTC

Transfering URI parameterizer to page envelope

Hi Lenya developers,

ATM the only usage of the URI parameterizer action is obtaining
the document type. Do we really need the parameterization, or
wouldn't it make sense to move the code to the page-envelope
input module and hard-code the doctype uri-parameter URL?

{page-envelope:document-type}

What do you think?

Andreas

Re: Transfering URI parameterizer to page envelope

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> writes:

> ATM the only usage of the URI parameterizer action is obtaining
> the document type. Do we really need the parameterization, or
> wouldn't it make sense to move the code to the page-envelope
> input module
>
> {page-envelope:document-type}

YES!

For a while I've been wondering why all the information pertaining to
a document, _except_ for the document-type, is present in the Document
interface and is exported through the PageEnvelope. All the
information except for the document-type. Why is the document-type not
in the Document interface and why is it not exported through the
PageEnvelope?

As a first step it certainly makes sense to have the document-type
available through the PageEnvelope. It can still use the same code
that is used in the URIParametrizerAction to resolve an internal
cocoon call to the parameter sitemap.

As a second step we could (for performance reasons) replace the
internal cocoon call and the resolving of document-types via the
parameter sitemap, by a class (maybe similar to the
DocumentToPathMapper) which maps document-ids to document-types which
can be subclassed if needed.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: Transfering URI parameterizer to page envelope

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> ATM the only usage of the URI parameterizer action is obtaining
> the document type. Do we really need the parameterization, or
> wouldn't it make sense to move the code to the page-envelope
> input module and hard-code the doctype uri-parameter URL?

The URIParameterizer is now a separate Avalon component.
You can obtain the document type using