Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Siddhi Borkar <si...@persistent.co.in> on 2013/10/03 05:39:42 UTC

RE: Loading a custom schema

Thanks Prashant, Will try this out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prashant Kommireddi [mailto:prash1784@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:47 PM
To: user@pig.apache.org
Subject: Re: Loading a custom schema

Hi Siddhi,

PigStorage by default looks for ".pig_schema" under the input dir. If you would like to use a different filename, you would have to override PigStorage.getSchema(String location, Job job) and define a custom JsonMetadata object. You might want to start here.

Using a schema file location completely outside of data files would involve passing the appropriate "schema path" location to JsonMetadata.getSchema.