Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Meltem Yeşiltaş <me...@cs.com.tr> on 2006/01/26 12:54:34 UTC

Performance & Version 2.2

Hi,

I am planning to build a document management system upon Slide and
performance will be very important. I realized that when the number of
the documents in a directory gets bigger, put, checkout and checkin
times for this directory increase significantly. As far as I have read,
a lot of concurrency and performance optimization parameters are
implemented in release 2.2. But there is nothing on the web about the
release date of 2.2. In some documents and emails they mention release
2.2. But I cannot find the date or the release itself. It is like a mith
:-)

If you have any information on this, please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Meltem Yesiltas

Re: Performance & Version 2.2

Posted by Thomas Bellembois <th...@univ-rennes1.fr>.
Hi,

The current 2.2 Slide version has encoding problems with accents while the 2.1
release has not this problem.
I think that Slide developpers want to fix this bug before releasing the 2.2
version, but I am not sure. (cf. my mail about encoding problems)
I am very interested in your document given that performance are also very
important for the project I am working on (I have cc the mailing list of this
project for information).
I expect to do a series of tests to determine actions that have a bad
effect on
performance.

Regards,

Thomas