Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/05/06 23:41:02 UTC

JSTL emulation

This is probably for Shawn, but maybe another JSTL implementor.

Is there any documentation describing how to add JSTL-EL support to a
taglib?

That's one of the requests I have had for the String taglib that seem more
JSP 1.2/JSTL like. Others involve If-type tags and Iterator-type tags
which I think JSTL supports me in.

Hen

Re: JSTL emulation

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> I was hoping to find a way in which I could build 1.2 and 1.1 compliant
> taglibs from the same project. If it was just a case of adding some 1.2
> tags then I'd imagine it could be done, but if I add the evaluator then
> it would hit my main tags and I'd have to find some other build method.
>
> I'd definitely avoid moving the whole taglib to 1.2. Do we ever branch in
> the apache cvs?

Yes, I have branched a taglib for major releases.  Currently for the 1.0 releases.

In order to do this we would need a 1.0 release of the String taglib,
then branch it.  Development from that point would be on the String 2.0
version which would require JSP1.2/JSTL/EL.

I would have to play around with the nightly build to get this to work,
but its possible to support nightly builds of both branches.

First step would be getting a 1.0 release of the String taglib out
the door.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: JSTL emulation