Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darx Oman <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/03 06:03:42 UTC

Apply a patch

Hi guys
would someone please explain to me how to apply a patch to solr
lets say for example "SOLR-2129-version3.patch"

i'm Running Solr Trunk "apache-solr-4.0-2011-01-02_08-06-03"
on Windows environment

Re: Apply a patch

Posted by Jak Akdemir <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Darx,
You should check out complete Trunk as Steven said. I tried a coupled hours
ago to check out the source code below and there wasn't any problem.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk

Re: Apply a patch

RE: Apply a patch

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Darx,

On 1/3/2001 at 2:15 AM, Darx Oman wrote:
> I checked out source code svn, and applied the patch
> but when I build the source code I've got the following error
>
> C:\trunk\solr\common-build.xml:245:   C\trunk\modules\analysis\phonetic
> does not exist.

You have to check out everything under trunk/, including trunk/modules/ and trunk/lucene/, not just trunk/solr/.

Steve

Re: Apply a patch

Re: Apply a patch

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Darx Oman <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
> would someone please explain to me how to apply a patch to solr
> lets say for example "SOLR-2129-version3.patch"
>
> i'm Running Solr Trunk "apache-solr-4.0-2011-01-02_08-06-03"
> on Windows environment

This link, http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute , in particular,
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Working_With_Patches
should be of help.

Alternatively, a patch file is just a text file that should have instructions
at the beginning on how to apply the patch.

Regards,
Gora