Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Ewing <na...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/01 21:43:47 UTC

Wierd Tomcat Problem

Hi, I'm trying to fix this wierd problem with tomcat and the jstl.

Here is what I'm doing:

I created a servlet that forwards to a jsp.  Inside the jsp I put the line <%@
taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %> (actually its in an
<%@ include %> file inside the jsp).  When I try to run the servlet I get the
following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /userForm.jsp(0,0) This absolute uri
(http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar
files deployed with this application
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:94)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:428)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:126)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.processIncludeDirective(Parser.java:307)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseIncludeDirective(Parser.java:340)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:378)

It actually keeps going with a bunch more compiler items but I thought that was
enough.

Now if I remove all other servlets in my web.xml except this one, and then
rerun my servlet, everything works perfectly without the bug.

This means that every single time I make a change to a jsp, I have to go into
my web.xml, remove all other servlets, and then run my jsp.

What am I doing? or is this a bug in Tomcat.

     Thanks,
     Nathan Ewing