Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/12/20 02:01:32 UTC

Re: SV: Mojo and it's own dependencies

On 31 Oct 06, at 9:06 AM 31 Oct 06, <he...@dnbnor.no>
<he...@dnbnor.no> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am now able to look at it. I suppose the what you refer to as
> "common project called maven-ant" is not the maven-ant plugin? What
> is the svn of this?

Long delay, but I was just able to get the sample Ant-based mojo
today. It was work for a client and it had to get some approval and
be cleaned up but you can now find it here:

http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/axis-maven-plugin

It's a Maven plugin that is completely written in Ant script. The
plugin resources are unpacked in the target directory so that you can
reference physical files in your Ant scripts, it has full access to
the various classpath entries in the same way the Ant Run plugin
does, and it has an example of loading custom taskdefs. In this case
taskdefs from ant-contrib. So this comes from a production build
where knowledge of Ant must be leveraged and this now shows you can
do whatever you want with Ant, yet allows you contain the inherent un-
maintainability of Ant in a plugin and have it be completely
reusable. From the perspective of the Maven users it doesn't matter
now whether the plugin is written in Ant script, Ruby, or Java. It's
all the same, and configured the same way for users of Maven. I have
not back-ported the changes required to make this run in 2.0.x. I
will attempt to do this but it won't happen before the new year. I
need to makes some pictures of integration tests across versions and
create some more ITs before I attempt to back-port the changes. At
the very least, you can see how it works.

Jason.