Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2006/11/04 01:40:38 UTC

New 6.0.x build

Hi,

After all my Jasper fixes (and the other connector fixes), I would like
to plan a new 6.0.1 tag for Tuesday. I will also add stuff in the build
scripts to prepackage the Maven uploads.

Comments ?

Rémy

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
I've documented the JAR dependencies below, I used a little tool jarjar,
I hope its correct, but this is the deps scheme I plan to use to do the
maven publish of individual jars.
jars not listed, don't have dependencies

bootstrap.jar -> catalina.jar
bootstrap.jar -> tomcat-juli.jar
catalina-ant.jar -> catalina.jar
catalina-ant.jar -> tomcat-coyote.jar
catalina-ha.jar -> catalina.jar
catalina-ha.jar -> tomcat-juli.jar
catalina-ha.jar -> catalina-tribes.jar
catalina-ha.jar -> tomcat-coyote.jar
catalina-ha.jar -> servlet-api.jar
catalina-tribes.jar -> tomcat-juli.jar
jasper-el.jar -> el-api.jar
jasper.jar -> tomcat-juli.jar
jasper.jar -> servlet-api.jar
jasper.jar -> jsp-api.jar
jasper.jar -> el-api.jar
jasper.jar -> jasper-jdt.jar
jasper.jar -> jasper-el.jar
jasper.jar -> catalina.jar
catalina.jar -> servlet-api.jar
catalina.jar -> tomcat-juli.jar
catalina.jar -> tomcat-coyote.jar
catalina.jar -> annotations-api.jar
tomcat-coyote.jar -> tomcat-juli.jar
tomcat-coyote.jar -> catalina.jar
tomcat-coyote.jar -> servlet-api.jar
jsp-api.jar -> servlet-api.jar
jsp-api.jar -> el-api.jar

Filip

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> Sounds great, I'm traveling next week so I'll be out of the loop.
>> Here are the different uploads that I would suggest go to a maven repo
>>
>> 1. Complete Tomcat Package, if possible (for containers that wanna
>> include Tomcat through a build)
>> 2. tomcat-juli.jar (required for other jars dependencies)
>> 3. catalina-tribes.jar (POM should link to tomcat-juli.jar for
>> dependency)
>> 4. servlet-api.jar (POM for dependencies)
>> 5. jsp-api.jar (POM for dependencies)
>> 6. el-api.jar (POM for dependencies)
>> 7. annotations-api.jar (POM for dependencies)
>> 8. jasper-*.jar (POM for dependencies)
>> 9. catalina-ant.jar (POM for dependencies)
>>
>> I believe all of these in their individual form are useful, and most
>> have been requested already.
>>
>> If you have other (better) suggestions, I'm open.
>
> I agree with that list. Now since it's pretty extexnsive, I don't know
> if I can do it for this release ;)
understandable. It not really release dependent, as long as we have the
tags we can recreate these at any time when we have them ready

Filip

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
+1.  Been the busiest I've ever been at work, my apologies for not
helping more with this.

Yoav

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Or not, actually.  I'm getting weird internal pgp errors on
> people.apache.org: various C pointer dereferencing-type errors.  I
> don't know if I'll hack time to muck with pgp / gpg today, so Filip, I
> guess you're it ;)

I'm also seeing weird stuff.

> I'll also probably generate a new gpg signing key, add it to KEYS,
> upload to key servers, revoke my previous key, etc.

I'm switching to gpg too. I suppose it was time to renew my key anyway
(the previous one was 5 years old).

Rémy

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Signing right now.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>> The usual location at www/www.apache.org/dist/tomcat-6/v6.0.1. For the
>>> next build, I'll have a new key, and I'll be using gpg instead.
>>
>> We should not be signing things other people have uploaded to a public
>> area. The signer has no way of verifying the build integrity which
>> defeats the whole object of signing.
>>
>> Builds should be performed in a private area, signed and then uploaded.
>
> Ok, ok, I'll sign the build. However, I still prefer doing the signing
> on people.apache.org.
ok, then I'll hold off.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
take a look at sign.bat under the 5.5 build directory,
its an automated script to sign recursively on windows, without having
to type your passphrase over and over again.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> sure, where do you have them, or do you want me to run a build against
>> the tag?
>
> The usual location at www/www.apache.org/dist/tomcat-6/v6.0.1. For the
> next build, I'll have a new key, and I'll be using gpg instead.

We should not be signing things other people have uploaded to a public
area. The signer has no way of verifying the build integrity which
defeats the whole object of signing.

Builds should be performed in a private area, signed and then uploaded.

Mark

Re: New 6.0.x build

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: New 6.0.x build