Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Alf Høgemark <al...@i100.no> on 2002/03/10 16:14:09 UTC

improved(?) GraphVisualizer

Hello jmeter developers.

This is my first posting to this mailing list.
Since I know I will be posting a few mails to this list today, I'll start by describing
what / why I'm using jmeter.

I started to use jmeter this Thursday, to test an application server at work (we are developing
our own java application server).
So I've written some controllers and samplers for our application server.
jmeter looks very powerful.

While using jmeter, I spotted a few areas where I thought improvement could be made.

I have therefore made some changes to the visualizers.GraphVisualizer.java

I've made a header for the graph, where the user can choose what graphs to display.

I've made a footer for the graph which contains the number of samples in total,
latest sample, average and deviation.

I've made a Y axis for the graph.

All this hopefully provides more information, and also takes up less space, leaving more
room for the actual graph.

Perhaps these changes can go into jmeter ?

Any comments are appreaciated

Regards
Alf Hogemark

I'm sorry, but I'm not very used to using cvs. I've installed jCVS today, but and
there is a "Show diffs" action, but I'm not sure if that makes a proper patch file.
I'll go ahead and read some cvs documentation, so that I'll be able to provide patch files
in the future, if needed.

So I will just attach the two files I've changed :