Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by shah rizal <sh...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/05/01 06:29:02 UTC

Jetspeed with DB2

hi,i am trying to use jetspeed with DB2 instead of the
default HypersonicSQL.But , when i try to login,i get
an error like this.Horrible Exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:158)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:246)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUser(BaseSecurityService.java:312)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(TurbineSecurity.java:199)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(LoginUser.java:111)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JLoginUser.doPerform(JLoginUser.java:161)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:511)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:655)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

If anyone out there have any experience using db2 with
jetspeed,please help me.

Shah Rizal

Re: Jetspeed with DB2

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- shah rizal <sh...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > Was this the error message in your browser?
> >
> > If so, have a look in the jetspeed.log (its in
> > WEB-INF/log)
> >

> Hi Chris,
>  The error was in the browser.I`ve looked in log
> file(jetspeed.log) and it says jdbc driver not found.
> The problem is I already set the classpath to include
> the JDBC Driver for DB2.

Which servlet container are you using?  I think the recent tomcat
releases ignore the environment variable CLASSPATH - if that is what
you mean you set.

The best option is to put the jdbc jar into your WEB-INF/lib
directory.

I problem I sometimes have with oracle is that it is supplied as a
zip file - so I sometimes have to rename it...

HTH,
Chris

=====

Re: Jetspeed with DB2

Posted by shah rizal <sh...@yahoo.co.uk>.

> Was this the error message in your browser?
>
> If so, have a look in the jetspeed.log (its in
> WEB-INF/log)

Hi Chris,
 The error was in the browser.I`ve looked in log
file(jetspeed.log) and it says jdbc driver not found.
The problem is I already set the classpath to include
the JDBC Driver for DB2.

Shah.

Re: Jetspeed with DB2

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- shah rizal <sh...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> hi,i am trying to use jetspeed with DB2 instead of the
> default HypersonicSQL.But , when i try to login,i get
> an error like this.Horrible Exception:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at

org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:158)
> at

org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:246)
> at

Was this the error message in your browser?

If so, have a look in the jetspeed.log (its in WEB-INF/log)

It may have more information on the underlying problem - like jdbc
driver not found, table not found or invalid SQL...

HTH,
Chris

=====