Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/01/17 16:56:46 UTC

FOSDEM smalltalk.

hi

should we arrange some face to face discussions, potentially not in the dev
room

like andre f. I would like to discuss the build system, potentially as a
forerunner to work shop.

Who can/will lead a digital signing project (urgent)

as more than half of the vm team is there, it might be good to discuss the
future.

rgds
jan i

Re: FOSDEM smalltalk.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 19.01.2014 12:05, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 17/01/2014 jan i wrote:
>> should we arrange some face to face discussions, potentially not in
>> the dev
>> room
>
> The good thing about face-to-face discussion at FOSDEM is that they
> needn't be arranged! FOSDEM takes over whole blocks of a University
> campus, and offers a decent, open, WiFi connection. This makes it
> possible to have a quick informal talk more or less anywhere around the
> campus.
>
> On Saturday, the devroom will run for the full day with no breaks. I
> will be around before the program starts and after the devroom closes,
> but there are other opportunities, like a dinner on Saturday evening or
> the whole day on Sunday. On both Saturday and Sunday we have our stand
> available all day. The stand is not very large, but last year we used it
> for gathering too.
>
> So: if we want to plan something in advance, we can. But we can also
> meet on Saturday and make plans there, or just let things happen.
> Opportunities for talks will surely be available. The important thing is
> that we don't forget to talk about some important topics (your examples,
> i.e., build system, digital signatures, VM maintenance are all good
> topics we can brainstorm about).

I agree to Andrea - no formal organization will be needed.
It would be hard during the devroom talks.
I am in favor to have dinner together on Saturday as I know that Andrea
knows the best restaurants in town.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: FOSDEM smalltalk.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.