Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/13 11:54:23 UTC

Confusion about Stores

Hi,

the whole store configuration is (at least for me) very confusing:

Quoting the cocoon.roles:
  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store"
        shorthand="cache-transient"
        default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore"/>

  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/Filesystem"
        shorthand="repository"
        default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>

  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/PersistentCache"
       shorthand="cache-persistent"
       default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>

And the cocoon.xconf:
  <repository class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"
              logger="core.store.repository">
  </repository>

  <cache-persistent
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"
                    logger="core.store.persistent">
  </cache-persistent>

  <!-- Memory Storing: -->
  <cache-transient class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore"
         logger="core.store.transient">
  </cache-transient>

The used lookups in the sources:

lookup(Store.ROLE + "/PersistentCache")
lookup(Store.ROLE + "/PersistentCache")

Now some of the problems:
- I can configure a "repository" in the cocoon.xconf, but this is nowhere
looked up.
- I have to lookup (Store.ROLE+"/Filesystem") to lookup a "repository".
- If I lookup Store.ROLE, I get the cache-transient component, so my "store"
will
forget about the things I stored in. This is not the expected behaviour.

So, how are you dealing with this?

Carsten

Cocoon portal - first look

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
As you know, we plan on donating the portal and authentication components
next week. I have just posted a short article with a couple of screenshots
here:
http://www.need-a-cake.com/stories/2002/02/14/cocoonPortalFirstLook.html

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

RE: Confusion about Stores

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Thanks Vadim!

Carsten

RE: Confusion about Stores

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Vadim,

RE: Confusion about Stores

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> the whole store configuration is (at least for me) very confusing:

This is the result of evolutionary approach taken by me. Watch out for
changes (commits):

> Quoting the cocoon.roles:
>   <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store"
>         shorthand="cache-transient"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.MRUMemoryStore"/>

Add /TransientCache to role name;

>   <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/Filesystem"
>         shorthand="repository"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>

Replace /Filesystem with /Repository. Remove default class. (or remove
whole entry?)

>   <role
name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/PersistentCache"
>        shorthand="cache-persistent"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>

> And the cocoon.xconf:
>   <repository
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"
>               logger="core.store.repository">
>   </repository>

Remove this entry;