Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2016/04/26 16:28:14 UTC

Additions / Changes to Apache Directory Wikipedias

Howdy,

An update about some shenanigans on our wikipedia pages.

First I added this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Fortress

I asked community for some help on supplying references here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-fortress/201604.mbox/%3C5CAF4B15-A1E8-4EAB-8C0B-E91FCE6E2281%40apache.org%3E

and (strongly) disputed claims on our lack of notability here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Apache_Fortress

Finally I updated the main project page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Directory

These changes to the apache directory page added stuffs about the other 5 subprojects not previously disclosed.  On my todo list is to add wikipedia pages for the others - kerby, api, mavibot, escimo, so they may be tertiary sources for each other, and for which I will gladly accept assistance from any of you.

So let me know if you want to contribute in this mischief… just so you know, I expect there will be some more battles with the wikipedians over noteworthiness… :-)

L8tr Gators,

Shawn

Re: Additions / Changes to Apache Directory Wikipedias

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I'll be back from Wales next week, so I will be able to help out as well.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Tough fight to go...

They are quite picky when it comes to new stuff those days. Like they don't
want anymore to cover what's new, but rather what's already established.

Start with some update on the directory page on wikipedia, then refer to
fortress' usage at Penn university.

I'll be able to help next week !

Le mardi 26 avril 2016, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Howdy,
>
> An update about some shenanigans on our wikipedia pages.
>
> First I added this one:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Fortress
>
> I asked community for some help on supplying references here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-fortress/201604.mbox/%3C5CAF4B15-A1E8-4EAB-8C0B-E91FCE6E2281%40apache.org%3E
>
> and (strongly) disputed claims on our lack of notability here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Apache_Fortress
>
> Finally I updated the main project page:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Directory
>
> These changes to the apache directory page added stuffs about the other 5
> subprojects not previously disclosed.  On my todo list is to add wikipedia
> pages for the others - kerby, api, mavibot, escimo, so they may be tertiary
> sources for each other, and for which I will gladly accept assistance from
> any of you.
>
> So let me know if you want to contribute in this mischief… just so you
> know, I expect there will be some more battles with the wikipedians over
> noteworthiness… :-)
>
> L8tr Gators,
>
> Shawn

Cordialement,