Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jack Kolokasis <ko...@ics.forth.gr> on 2019/02/07 10:53:48 UTC

TaskMemoryManager

Hello all,

     well I try to profile Spark in order to see which functions are
called while the execution of an application. Based on my results, i see
that in SVM benchmark, TaskMemoryManager called to allocate extra memory
using HeapMemoryAllocator. In addition with Linear Regression
application execution where TaskMemoryManager does not need to allocate
extra memory.

Can anyone explain to me why this happens. Thanks a lot and I am looking
forward for your reply.

--Jack Kolokasis