Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "HAVENS,PETER (HP-Cupertino,ex3)" <pe...@hp.com> on 2002/07/31 23:43:30 UTC

howto compile my own realm implementation...

I have written my own realm implementation class and I am wondering how I
can compile it.  The only way that I have found is to stick in with the
standard realm implementations and compile it using the tomcat build
mechanism.  I know there is an easier way.  Please help.  Thanks.

-Peter

Re: howto compile my own realm implementation...

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, HAVENS,PETER (HP-Cupertino,ex3) wrote:

> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:43:30 -0400
> From: "HAVENS,PETER (HP-Cupertino,ex3)" <pe...@hp.com>
> To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: howto compile my own realm implementation...
>
> I have written my own realm implementation class and I am wondering how I
> can compile it.  The only way that I have found is to stick in with the
> standard realm implementations and compile it using the tomcat build
> mechanism.  I know there is an easier way.  Please help.  Thanks.

Like every other case where one class depends on another, you need to add
the classes into the classpath of the compile for your own Realm
implementation.  In your case, everything you need is in catalina.jar, so
just add that to your compile classpath.

If you don't know how to do that, some basic tutorials on compiling Java
programs would probably be in order ...

> -Peter

Craig