Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Latty <jo...@team2media.com> on 2002/02/15 06:02:02 UTC

Struts jar

This is driving me insane, first up I had the classic
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. Trolling through the archives I found that I
must not have struts.jar in the lib directory of the webserver only in the
WEB-INF directory of the application.

After a few days it goes belly up once again, I cannot figure it out I go
searching my entire machine for struts.jar I find a copy in netbeans/lib/ext
(go figure). I nuke the offending jar. Reinstall resin (the webserver), I
wouldn’t run, and then recompile the app. It worked until today, now the
problem has returned.

I have nuked every instance of struts.jar on my machine (except of course
the one in the application lib directory). Everything compiles but it will
not run. The irony is that if I drop one of the war files in the webapps
directory it works (I think this is just to make me feel worse).

The current error is

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/util/GenericDataSource

but if I take out the load-on-startup it will just be anything from the
org/apache/struts package

Joe

RE: Struts jar

Posted by Joe Latty <jo...@team2media.com>.
Thanks for the help. Keith yes it is a right royal pain in the Java.

I have fired up Tomcat and it works with Tomcat (still wont work with Resin
however), so I am continuing development on Tomcat, knowing full well that
it is to be deployed with Resin as the web server.

As Dr Smith would say, "Oh the pain".

Posted by Keith <ke...@yahoo.com>.