Posted to users@camel.apache.org by alexey-s <al...@mail.ru> on 2015/04/03 13:48:01 UTC

camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

On the new version of Apache Camel 2.15.1 started to happen strange errors.
On this version 2.15.0 there is no error.

Re: camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

Posted by alexey-s <al...@mail.ru>.
A short excerpt from karaf.log.xxx file

Re: camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

Posted by alexey-s <al...@mail.ru>.
Yes, I tried to find an answer to the question why the process ceases to take
files from ftp server.
The most simple - revert to the old assembly Camel. Lo and behold, the files
were taken.
But just a couple of days. Server file number increased by several hundred.
The system stops to pick up the files. Began to appear regularly ftp error
421.

Well, I have a filter on the list of directories. In the filter have
multiple directories.
A miracle occurred. The system is working properly. But I have to handle no
small part, and all the directories. And then the session expires.

I do not see the solution, how to raise the connection and to a certain
point of the interrupted process, not the beginning.

----
Aleksey

Re: camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

Posted by "Willem.Jiang" <wi...@gmail.com>.
The first connection is used to check if the ftp server is still alive before
starting to pull the directory.
If the RemoteFileConsumer cannot connect to the server, it just return the
pulling process and wait for another pulling.

Re: camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

Posted by "Willem.Jiang" <wi...@gmail.com>.
I think you may need to find another way to pull the sub directory instead of
pulling root directory directly.

Re: camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

Posted by alexey-s <al...@mail.ru>.
An exemplary work plan Ftp consumer.
As we can see, at the beginning of a connection to the server.
FTPClient establishes a new connection for a list of files in each
directory.
At the end of the first connection is switched off.

Why hold the first connection?

Another question.
Some directories may not be available. Directory visible, and get a list of
files is impossible.
How can I go on to the next directory?

---
Aleksey

Re: camel-ftp 2.15.1 return ftp error code 421

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just try to guess what’s the cause of issue of camel-ftp 2.15.1 by looking up the change log. I’m not sure if changing the receiving buffer could make the difference.

It looks like you just find the key of the issue, am I right?

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
OK, here is another change CAMEL-8513[1] in Camel 2.15.1 which improves the download speed. I guess it may cause the ftp server complain about the server load. So the workaround could be set the receiveBufferSize option to 1024 to slow down the processing speed.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8513

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
There are only few changes between Camel 2.15.1 and Camel 2.15.0.
I’m not sure if CAMEL-7565[1] is related to issue that you faced.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7565

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.