Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Couas <pc...@infodev.fr> on 2005/11/17 11:37:23 UTC

JNDI from tomcat on remote Windows PC with ODBC ???

Hi,

Could i configure an JNDI connector for an remote connection to another PC ?
This remote PC has only an ODBC connection ?
There is no specific Java Driver for this Database Currently ?

Regards
Philippe

Re: JNDI from tomcat on remote Windows PC with ODBC ???

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.
Sun has a JDBC-ODBC bridge, which is a JDBC driver that connects to an
ODBC data source. I have used it with Tomcat 5. More info here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jdbc/bridge.html
You can download it from Sun's web site, but I can't give you a link
because their Java download pages seem to be down right now.
--
Len