Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/06/08 14:25:10 UTC

Re: svn commit: r952461 - in /openjpa/sandboxes/OpenJPA-1551-1.0.x

We've had this debate before on dev@, that TRACE/DEBUG messages will not
be translated.....  They are only meant for problem determination, where
we (the OpenJPA developers) shouldn't have to spend a lot of our time
trying to translate trace messages which have no message id as part of
the output to facilitate quick lookups....

-Donald

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
We had the debate I agree .. but the debate is not resolved.
The TRACE logging level exists at thousands of places and they are user
focused and localized.  They are already in use by the existing
customers/users.
If anyone believes that tracing helps (I do not, I believe they simply
hamper code readability) for diagnosis and non-localized messages will
promote that practice -- define a DEBUG log level and use it.
I fail to see what is the counter rationale to such straightforward
solution.

-----
Pinaki