Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Santamauro <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/11 19:11:38 UTC

moving to new core.properties setup

I have configured many tomcat+solrCloud setups but I'm trying now to
research the new solr.properties configuration.

I have a functioning zookeeper to which I manually loaded a
configuration using:

zkcli.sh -cmd upconfig \
   -zkhost xx.xx.xx.xx:2181 \
   -d /test/conf \
   -n test

My solr.xml looks like:

<solr>
   <str name="coreRootDirectory">/test/data</str>
   <bool name="sharedSchema">true</bool>
   <solrcloud>
     <str name="host">${host:}</str>
     <int name="hostPort">8080</int>
     <str name="hostContext">${hostContext:/test}</str>
     <int name="zkClientTimeout">${zkClientTimeout:30000}</int>
     <str name="zkhost">xx.xx.xx.xx:2181</str>
   </solrcloud>
   <shardHandlerFactory name="shardHandlerFactory"
     class="HttpShardHandlerFactory">
     <int name="socketTimeout">${socketTimeout:0}</int>
     <int name="connTimeout">${connTimeout:0}</int>
   </shardHandlerFactory>
</solr>

... all fine. I start tomcat and I see

[...]
 > Looking for core definitions underneath /test/data
 > Found 0 core definitions

which is anticipated as I have not created any cores or collections.

Then, trying to create a collection

wget -O- \

'http://xx.xx.xx.xx/test/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=testCollection&numShards=1&replicationFactor=1&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.config=test&property.dataDir=/test/data/testCollection&property.instanceDir=/test'

I get:

 > org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Solr instance is not running in
SolrCloud mode.

Hrmmm, here I am confused. I have a working zookeeper, I have a loaded
configuration, I have an empty data directory (no collections, cores,
core.properties etc) and I have specified the zkHost configuration
parameter in my solr.xml (yes, IP:port is correct)

What exactly am I missing?

thanks for the help.

David