Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephan Orme <st...@panna.org> on 2002/10/05 20:49:21 UTC

Re: Problem invoking CGIs that are EXE files

I posted something on this earlier - can you get *any* cgi to work when it's
included?

Here's my previous post:

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.3 to serve dynamic and static pages. I can get includes
to work and I can get CGI's to work but I can't get included CGI's to work.
<you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose...>
Anyway, here's what works:

includes on .html pages:
<!--#include virtual="Shared/footer"-->

includes on .jsp pages:
<%@ include file="Shared/footer" %>

CGI that works:
http://localhost/PCW/cgi-bin/test-cgi

And here's what DOESN'T work (this is on a .html page)
<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test-cgi"-->
<!--#include virtual="/PCW/cgi-bin/test-cgi"-->
<!--#include virtual="../../WEB-INF/cgi/test-cgi"-->

My Tomcat config file is completely standard - I uncommented the SSI and CGI
bits and renamed the appropriate .jar files but there are no other config
changes. Since both CGI's and includes work my assumption here is that the
SSI servlet doesn't call the CGI servlet. In other words when I call the CGI
from the URL it gets handled by the CGI servlet, and when I include it it
gets handled by the SSI servlet but what I need is for the SSI servlet to
call the CGI servlet which it doesn't do.